Thursday 20 August 2020

Behold a Pale Rider...

I was hoping to finish by undead army last weekend but I realized that I wasn't going to make it (mainly due to the skeleton knights seen below) so I tempered my efforts. The knights took a bit more effort than the rest of the army because I had to spend time constructing them which slowed me down and they also required a wider pallet.

Ah well... Being a necromancer has never been an easy job, even in the best of times.

The army is completed if I count one unit as werewolves (which I already have painted and ready). But if I decide on something more ghostly it will take me until tomorrow to finish them. But when I say "finished" that only counts for a Saga/Dragon Rampant sized army. I still have about 50 or 60 of those GW ghosty guys to make and paint. But's they're easy to do and I can finish them within a few more days if I make the effort. A hundred or so of those guys will make a far more impressive army of the dead!

So, here are the latest additions:
This little chap is from GW. I don't know what it's called and I can't find him on their website. He looks good. I'll be using him as a Black Knight for Saga but I'm not sure where he'll fit with Dragon Rampant. He was a bit of a bugger to paint because I had to try and get the brush into lots of nooks and crannies. But he came out okay in the end.
Here are the guys that took time. These are Fireforge Undead Knights. They look okay but I don't think they're up to the usual Foreforge standard. They were easy to make but they did take a bit of time. Also, there were only six in the box. I was expecting 12 like their other kits. I could have made a nice big unit but I doubt that I'll invest in another box of these figures.
And last, but certainly not least, the centerpiece of the army - A Zombie Dragon. Yet again, this is a Reaper Bones (Black)  model and it's really nice. It has great detail, was easy to put together and came out looking great. I really like this little fellow. I tried to make it's eyes look glazed and cloudy and I like the effect.
So there we have it. My army of the dead is now completed enough to put on the table.


2 comments: