Sunday 5 April 2020

Oh no! There's Another Nasty Bug in the Air.

I've been back to painting figures again over the past few days. A combination of being housebound & playing Rangers of Shadow Deep has me looking at my lead pile and finishing things that have been waiting for a long, long time.

For instance: these bugs have been waiting for a couple of years. I did buy them to make a bug army for FireFight but lost interest. But I found them and thought that they'd be good for a near future game of RoSD. I think they came from Khurasan Miniatures and I think they're supposed to be 15mm beasts. I'll be using them as giant flies.
 And a couple of grounded cousin.
These are a kit-bash. I found a bunch of armless torsos of  of some of the Hawkmoon figures I sculpted for Eureka Miniatures a few years back. I added some arms from the Oathmark plastic goblin set and a little bit of green-stuff. They came up really nice. I have a few more of these torsos so I might make a few more.
I bought a bag full of ghostly GW figures from a friend. They are sort of weird flimsy things but they look okay. I need a creepy ghostly knight for the next RoSD scenario so I thought I give one of them a quick paint job. I think he came out nice. I did some reflective light source stuff on him. This isn't something I would normally do but, I have to admit, it really made a difference on the figure.

Yes, I know the base is very, very basic. I just wanted something fast and easy so I just settled on paint. I know it's dull but it will work well for the scenario he's going to appear in.

And that's it for the moment. I still have plenty of lead I hope to get as much painted as I can while. I'm also making a fair bit of terrain and my next post will probably be about some of the terrain I've recently done.

Cheers, and stay well.

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff love your bugs!

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt.
      They have been patient and waiting for their day in the sun.

      Delete
  2. Very nice work... That ghost is particularly spooky. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's something I've never tackled before but I have a whole bunch of them now that all need painting.

      Delete