Wednesday 22 April 2020

In Which I Bear All

Once again I'm here with some more fantasy figures that I've finished over the past few days. As usual these are a fairly mixed bag with some of them being very, very new (I bought one just two days back) and one that has been waiting for a few years.

First the old: This hag figures is from the original Malifaux range and I've had it for ages. It has sat with a few coats of paint, getting dustier and dustier every day for the past 8, 9, 10, 12 years? (I don't know). Anyway, I picked it up, dusted it off and gave it a very basic paint job. It's not great but it looks okay.
These next few are from the  Frostgrave range from Northstar - First up a bear. I don't know much about bears except that they like to eat honey and salmon. A nice figure. Easy to paint so you can't go wrong.
A barbarian and a rogue. I think there's a bit of a  Fafhrd and The Grey Mouser thing happening here. These are a Frostgrave set. They're nice figures with plenty of character and they were nice to paint. They have enough detail to make them interesting but not so much that they're overwhelming. I don't have anything specific in mind for these two at this stage. Maybe I make them fight the Thieves Guild in Lankhmar.
And the last one is a Wizards of the Coast D&D figure. This is the one I bought two days ago. I got it as a new character figure for my Rangers of Shadow Deep games. For what it is, it's a reasonably decent figure but, just this morning, I discovered that I have a couple of better Reaper figures that I could have used. Oh well. This one will do for now. (It does have good hair).
And that's it for now.

2 comments: