Saturday 29 October 2022

Baby Got Some Bad, Bad Gas...

A change of pace. I've been keen to get back to work on my zombie apocalypse game; Infection Z, for some time now. So I've been reading through the rules and decided to work on some terrain to get me into the mood. I already have plenty of zombies and survivors and don't feel like pianting more of either at the moment. I have about 80+ zombies and 40 odd survivors (although there's really nothing wrong with adding more zed's to the herd!).

As it is I've had a couple of Sarissa Precision buildings constructed and undercoated for a long while and decided to finally get them finished. First up is this little gasoline station:
This is a nice little kit but it was pretty fiddley to paint. That undercover piece and the signage on top was really awkward. As you can see the arrow at the end of "gas" broke off because it was a bit delicate and, despite how it looks now, I painted all the parts with a high level of accuracy. I knew I'd be messing it up but painting it neat and tidy beforehand really makes a difference to the final effect.
I decided to keep that front awning/undercover piece separate and didn't glue it in place. I'm hoping the slots for holding it will be strong enough to keep it in place during a game. Keeping it separate will make storage easier.
The windows are just thin acetate. Nothing special but they give the illusion of glass. The sign on the front is just paper. I made it on photoshop and painted the silly face and skull.
The interior is pretty basic. It only came with a door and a counter. I made the little shelf stack out of thick card. Unfortunately the front door is just etched into the outer wall and doesn't open. 
This will go well with my other terrain. When I finish a couple more buildings I'll have have more than enough to set up a little abandoned, dilapidated town. 
Anyway, it's about time we left the Atomic Gas station and it's friendly proprietor to their own business. Y'all come back whenever you want. Drop in and say "Hello," and try not to get your face eaten off.

2 comments: