Tuesday 17 March 2020

King, Queen & Jack

What? Have I decided to shun the wonderful world of miniature wargaming and modeling and, instead, turned mine eyes towards the iniquitous world of gambling? I hear you ask.

Nay. let it be not so! And so it ain't.

But, every kingdom needs a king and every king needs a queen and every queen needs a Jack (in case she needs to change a tyre). And so the Army of the Erlking also needed an king. An Erlking, to be precise!
The Erlking and queen are from the Oathmark range. They're metal figures and I found them to a bit lackluster, so a bit of kit bashing was required. The king has had the most extensive work. He has: a plume from Eureka Miniatures - A Celtic shield from Warlord, a plastic Oathmark elf sword (+ hand) and a cape from the Fireforge Teutonic range.

I think he came out looking more like an elf king should look. His armour & helm have a lot of pieces that, I think, are supposed to be pieces of armour or metal. I decided to paint them as gems and it was like I was back to painting GW Eldar after all these years. I think they look nice though.
The Queen of Faerie looks okay from some angles and a bit odd from others. From the front she looks great. The only thing I added to her was a Fireforge cape. It gives the figure a bit more dimension because it's a bit flat and insignificant in its own right.

Other than that she's quite plain but in my book that's okay as I'm not a fan of really busy or cluttered figures.
The Prince in the Scarlet Robe - I kit bashed him from a plastic Norman knight torso that I found in amongst the junk on my desk. I trimmed some Oathmark Elf arms to fit, added another Foreforge robe/cape and then an Oathmard head. I think he came out really nice. In fact I prefer him to the regular Oathmark elves.

WHERE WOLF?
There wolf... There castle!
Yes, it's an old one but a good one...Thank you Mel Brookes.

I made a Werewolf unit to go with my Dragon Rampant goblins/orcs/evil guys army. The idea of this came from listening the the audiobook version of The Silmarillion whilst painting. A few times the stories mention werewolves fighting in the armies of Morgoth, so I thought why not make a reduced figure unit of them. I'l make them Lesser Warbeasts or something and give them the venomous trait to make 'em mean.

All three of these are Reaper Bones. They took me only a few hours to paint and I think they look great. They'll certainly put the fright into their enemies. As a unit they came in a $19.50 (one cost $7, one cost $6 and one cost $6.50). Gotta love the price of those Bones.





6 comments:

  1. Colorful and splendid figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I'm pretty happy with them.

      Delete
  2. Great additions Ian

    Cheers
    Matt
    French Wargame Holidays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt.
      French Wargame Holidays! Hmmmm... Now that sounds interesting.

      Delete