Thursday 9 January 2020

Goblins & Ghoulies and Their Friends

I'm still painting some of the fantasy figures that I've had sitting around for several years as well as some new ones. I know where most of these figures came from but I have no idea where others originated. These are a bit of a mix and some are a bit experimental.

The Old

I got this figure a couple of years ago. I'm not really sure but seem to think he came from Artizan Designs and it was mistakenly added to an order. They didn't want him back so he sat in a tray until a few days ago. I really like him.  He strikes me as very goblinish.
I have zero memory regarding this figure. I've had it for a long time and it's been sitting around, based and undercoated for years. I don't know what she's supposed to be but she does look good (in a strange kind of way). I have no idea what her hat is supposed to be.
This one is from the Eureka Chaos Army range. I added the spear. Again, he's been sitting in a tray for the past few years. I'm thinking about creating a very weird chaos/faerie army and I think this figure would make a great champion or general.
The New

This is the other "Official D&D" dwarf that came in the pack with the other one I posted a few days back. I prefer the other (unarmoured) dwarf. This one is okay but I think it's a bit boring. I added the shield. The original figure had some sort of bendy noodle-knife thing in it's left hand that looked about as dangerous as a handful of spaghetti.
I didn't enjoy painting this next figure. It's another of those Official D&D figures with indistinct/fuzzy detail and bendy weapons. They all seem to have bloody big cloaks too (I guess that's a D&D thing - All my characters had big cloaks back in the day). It looks okay but, all in all, he's a pretty boring figure

The Ugly

This is my experiment. I ordered a box of Oathmark Goblins but before they arrived I got a 3-pack of Reaper orc/goblin/googabaggers to do a green-skin experiment. The Oathmark figures arrived today and I'm still not sure if I should go for the green skin or a darker leathery skin colour. I like the green. It looks goblinish. But...?

1 comment:

  1. lOVELY work! I have a few of this Artizan's goblins waiting for painting,

    ReplyDelete