Friday 3 January 2020

Get Ready For The Whistler

I've been painting a bunch of different figures lately. This is partly for a change of pace and to paint something more colourful than drab WWII uniforms. It's also an excuse to practice my finer painting skills which can start to lapse when painting figures that need less detailed attention.

So I've dredged up a bunch of single figures, small sets and other odd things that I'll post as I finish them. Some have been on my painting desk for years and some are fairly new acquisitions.

This pair are fairly new purchases from a few months back. They are Frostgrave figures - I'm looking to get into Frosgrave this year so I thought I'd paint up the figures I have (only a handful). These guys are a set: Some sort of Sonic Wizard and apprentice. I bought them because they looked nice and they were interesting to paint. I like them. They could also be used for any sort of bard character or whatever.

I hope you like them dear reader
(And I make no apology for the bad Jethro Tull reference!)
This one is the apprentice so I thought I'd paint him up as if he's wearing a sort of jesters' motley. Lots of colour and less sober that the wizard.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely work. The JT reference made me take a closer look. I'm sure you've seen the figure of Ian Anderson that Otherworld do.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't. I'll have to have a look.

      Delete
    2. He's under non player characters as a Piper. I've got a green of the Broadsword Beastie which I hope this year to get cast up in metal. If you are interested I'll let you know when they appear. It'll be a limited run as it's very unnofficial.

      Delete
    3. Thank you. I'd be very interested. I had a look at the Otherworld figure. It took me a while to find it now I have a whole bunch of other figures in my basket.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal. I'm painting different things at the moment.

      Delete