Friday 6 December 2019

The Great Re-Basing Continues

Re-basing two armies takes time. Especially if those armies are Napoleonic armies.

So far I've done all of my French. This only amounts to 6 battalions of line infantry plus some skirmishers & officers. But I also decided to finally paint a leger (light) battalion. I did get someone else to paint these troops a long while back. But I wasn't really happy with the results, so I re-did them. I have a second leger battalion to do but I'll do that at a later date.

So here's the French:



 Here's a new officer.


And the leger battalion:



And the Prussians: I have more of these. The main reason for this is that when I got back to Napoleonics after a hiatus and decided to do them 28mm, my opponent was playing Polish. So I did Prussians instead. I still have three battalions of Landwehr to re-base. These landwehr are Warlord's plastic and I think they're decidedly average. I might sell them and do some metal battalions. I do have the figures so...

This is sort of a mix of the 7th & 8th Brigades - 1st Korp - 1814 with the addition of Lutzow's Friekorps. The 7th Brigade is interesting. It has the Lieb Battalion which was sort of a grenadier regiment. Not quite guard but better than average - A named regiment. The attached reserve regiment is the 12th Brandenburg Reserve formed around a cadre of Leib veterans. With the attachment of the Thuringian Battalion they form a sort of Light Brigade.

I'm currently painting the final Lutzow Battalion and I'll do the cavalry after that. I think the Friekorps will make a great formation for Sharp Practice. Lots of character, great uniforms and the French hated them because of their raiding actions.

 Lutzow's Friekorps & volunteer jagers (with rifes)

This is the Thuringian Battalion. They were a collection of Saxon light infantry from various regiments who defected and surrendered (prior to the actual Saxon defection). They were part of 7th Brigade. The figures are Calpe Saxons.
 Jagers: Volunteer jagers from the Perry plastic box and Guard Jagers to the right. I made the guard from the plastic jagers in the Perry box set and used various arms from other kits.
 12th Reserve Infantry Regiment

And a final little figure that has been sitting on my table half painted and collecting dust for several years. I've seen a few Sharp Practice game videos and in a couple I've heard mention of a "spy" that is part of the scenario. So after a brushing off the dust here's a suitable spy from Eureka Miniatures.




3 comments:

  1. Is Sharp Practice that good to rebase ALL THOSE FIGURES? I ask because I was debating doing this for one or two of my battalions, not all of them. Cheers, they look great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason I'm doing all of them is because the basing I had was very different and I wanted to keep them all consistent. Also, the Prussian regiments are all very different and would play differently in Sharp Practice. No so much the French.

      Delete