Saturday 28 December 2019

The Carrion are Gathering

After my last effort to paint up a bunch of forgotten figures I decided to go one step further and revisit some figures that have been sitting, undercoated and part painted, on my table for a few years.

The figures below are from the time when I started this blog. They're some samples of the Moorcock Hawkmoon/Granbretan figures that I made for Eureka Miniatures. I made somewhere between 50 to 60 figures and they were never officially released. I'm unsure of the reason why.

Anyway, I had these ones sitting on my desk so I brushed the dust off them and gave them a paint job. I think I might get more of them and make a Dragon Rampant sized fantasy army. I'm also wondering if I should expand the range - Between these guys and the Prussian Landwehr from last week, I may just get my sculpting mojo back again.

These figures are from the Vulture Legion - A mercenary band that wear vulture masked helmets. In the Hawkmoon world the Granbretanian Empire all wear animal masks for some class related reason. I've seen a few other people's take on these figures (don't get me wrong, many of them did get sold regardless of official release) and they've all done them with dark (evil) pallets. I sculpted them with outlandish colour in mind. Something like the colours of landsknecht during the Renaissance with a bit of a Medieval feel. So I painted them as they should be painted ~ Colourful!

I've prepped another batch with different weapons. The original idea was to make them so that whole battalions of pike blocks and other weapons could be fielded. These ones below have a scythe weapon. This is not something mentioned in the novels but more of a signature weapon for the miniatures range. It looks pretty cool but would probably be completely useless in reality.
A minor leader type.


4 comments: