Wednesday 16 March 2022

My Growing Woodland Army

 "Well it's been  long time since I rock and rolled..."

I haven't posted anything here for two months. That doesn't mean I haven't been busy because I have. What has happened is that a huge amount of my time has been taken up with music - practice, rehearsal and performance, and I just haven't had time to post anything.

During my absence I've rebased all of my fantasy figures (about 400+ figures) and painted additions to them. I just haven't posted any of my work.

Anyway... Here are the latest additions to my Faerie Army. I started this army when I first started getting back into fantasy wargaming at the very start of 2020. But I was soon side tracked by all those fantastic Oathmark figures and ended up painting a large armies of elves, orcs, undead and other stuff, and this little army got left behind.

I've recently added  some more satyrs, centaurs, and dryads. They now make up a reasonably sized little army - or at least a contingent for a larger army.
These centaurs are from Eureka Miniatures. They make a nice little light cavalry unit and match the other Eureka centaurs that I already have. They fit in well with the rest of the army. 
The dryads are from GW and I think these are great models. I pondered hard on whether to fork out the high GW cost for these and in the end I gave in because they are really nice figures. I watched a painting tutorial on you tube where a guy painted these figures up in a cherry blossom theme. I liked it so I copied it.
The fauns or satyrs are also from Eureka. I did a bunch of simple conversions to about a half dozen of them in 2020 and picked up some to paint up. Except for the guys with rams horns and the flautist, I can't remember which other ones I worked on. I still have some of them unpainted. I have enough painted up to make two 12 figure units of spears and one of archers.
And that's it for new stuff. I have plenty more recent things I could post but I'm not going to bother going into it. Instead here's some pics of my growing faerie/woodland army:

Goblins, an ent, dryads and a unit of ogres.
A better image of my ent. I made him about 10 years ago when I was sculpting my own figures. 

These are sprites or something (again form Eureka). They make up a nice little unit of light infantry. I'll use them as skirmishers with a magic missile type of attack.
My general and commanders. The moon faced ogress (Eureka), the King of the Forrest (Reaper) and a fairy from I know not where.
Big hitters: Marsh Troll, Jabberwock and Mountain Troll. All from Reaper. 
And that's it. A long time coming and not all that interesting when it finally got here. I hoping I can arrange my time a bit better to keep my posts up to date.

6 comments:

  1. Looking great! Love that all mix of minis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal. This army is a mix of everything.

      Delete
  2. Great looking army. Previous posts has given me some good ideas for my Fae army. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob. I'm always taking ideas from everywhere and glad if I can pass them on to you.

      Delete