Wednesday 25 August 2021

Are Two Heads Better Than One?

Here in Australia our initial thought would be that this chap comes from Tasmania, but he doesn't. He came from from a hobby store in Sydney!
I decided to order a bunch of Reaper Bones stuff because we're in lock-down and I wanted something interesting to paint, so I decided to add to my fantasy critters. I'm still working on my big battle fantasy rules so I thought I'd get some more creatures that can enhance the game. Due to unforeseen circumstances my order was split into two deliveries and the next lot is expected next week. 

Anyhow, here are a few of the things that arrived earlier this week:

An Ettin. This is a great model. He's not as large as I'd hoped but he is a decent size and looks pretty intimidating. He's a Black Bones figure and detail is lacking in some areas but his faces are really great. Overall it's a great addition at a reasonable cost.
Another ogre from Reaper Bones. These chaps are always useful. For my game they can be fielded in their own units or they can be attached to other units to give them more punch. This one is pretty plain but he looks the part and will fit in perfectly.
And some bats. In my game I've included swarms (both flying and crawling). I have a bunch of giant bats but I saw these and thought they'd work well. This is two models (front and back) and I have a third one coming in the second wave. I figure a few of these and a couple of giant bats together on a sabot base will create a suitable swarm. I'm about to start building up my undead army for larger battles so these should fit in well.
And that's it for now. I've been looking for a large bunch of cheap GW undead that I bought last year. I put them in a box somewhere and I can't remember where I put the box. I suppose I'll just have to keep looking.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. They were fun to paint.

      Delete
  2. Great looking minis, very nicely painted. Looking forward to seeing your undead army come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Little Odo. I already have a warband sized undead army so I have a bit of a start. And I also found that box of GW sprues (60 odd figures) about 20 minutes after posting.

      Delete