Friday 5 February 2021

Cupboards and Creatures (and Nuns)

Cupboards & Creatures &Nuns... Is this the name of a new RPG? It could be or it just might be a description of what I've painted in the last few days?

I'll leave it up to you, dear reader, to decide.

I'll start with the nuns:
These figures are the Frostgrave Sigilist set (wizard and apprentice). The wizard is an interesting sculpt and not what I'd really expect. I think both figures would actually work better as a Thaumaturge & apprentice. Despite what I think I like both figures. The wizard has a very unique look.

Next up are these dark and evil looking creatures. These are Shadows from WizKids. They come in a pack of two and they are actually transparent. I guess some people might like to use them as invisible ghosts or whatever. I decided to make them black/grey and I guess they can be used for various evil creatures. They are pretty chunky for your typical WizKids figures. 
Some more Frostgrave Snakemen. This lot gives me 10 figures. I might make another pair of them armed with bows and that should pretty much do it. I don't think I'll need more than a dozen of them.
And some furniture: Cupboards and book cases from the Mantic Terrain Crate. I still have plenty of little bits to paint from the crate. It does, after all have a ton of stuff in it. These are pretty roughly painted. I can't see the point of doing them in great detail because they're really just background things.
These can be set as a corner unit or as individual pieces. There's enough of them to fill out a good sized room. The furniture in my previous posts goes well with them and they'd make a nice looking study for a wizard or they'd look good in a pulp game.
And just for scale here's Sister Mary Elephant
checking out one of the dusty tomes.
And that's it. There is a chance that some of these cupboards might have monsters hidden inside them, or within the pages of a musty book or mouldering scroll. If that happens to be true, we'll deal with them as we find them. In the meantime, thank you for reading.

4 comments: