Tuesday 25 December 2018

Preparing for The Siege - pt 1

I did a few more things for my Siege of Rhodes game. A bit more of the Irregular Miniatures stuff that I got before Christmas. I'm really looking forward to getting my order from Baccus. The IM stuff looks okay and I like the mass effect on the little bases but I've heard that Baccus are better and I'm really looking forward to painting them.

These look really nice. I'm not connoisseur of 6mm, I think that the IM equipment etc, far exceeds the quality of their actual figures.

Here are a pair of siege towers that have come out looking pretty nice in my opinion. I also did a Test-ladder. It looks a bit odd but it sort of conveys the right effect. I also need to make the Helepolis - Demetrius' massive siege tower that gained him the name Poliorcetes (The Besieger). The two below are 60mm tall... The Helepolis needs to be 120mm tall x 60mm wide!



And some archers. This is another test for basing. The open order on a larger base for the attacking Antigonids and the close order on a smaller base for the Rhodian defenders (20mm deep base so I can fit them on the wall).
That's all for now.

5 comments:

  1. The Irregulat 6mm equipment is lovely. Their 6mm figures are uninspiring, however if you can adopt a low detail painting attitude they look ok. Just don't put an Iregular stand next to a stand of Baccus6mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to receiving my order from Baccus. At least I can say my Irregular troops were a test for basing (and they can always just stay up the back).

      Delete
  2. Nicely done, reminds me of a graphic plate I saw many years ago in a book on ancients, forwarded by Keegan, which had hide covered towers doing the business.

    ReplyDelete