Friday 28 December 2018

A Late Delivery Arrived

Just a quick post to put up a pic of the figures I've been waiting for (for a while). They got here a couple of days back so I decided to paint up some of them to see how they look.

These guys are from Rapier miniatures and they're pretty nice figures.
These are hoplites. I shortened the their spears but I don't think I'll do that with the rest of them. I'm not very keen on their helmets. I'd rather a Corinthian or Chalcidian helmet or something more traditional that clearly identifies them as hoplites. I need plumes! ~ I got's to have plumes! The officer and command group have Corinthian's with plumes (and they look great) so why not the troops?

Irregular Miniatures (L) & Rapier Miniatures (R)
As mentioned by Thomo the Lost in the comments of my last post, I can see why they won't work very well with the Irregular Miniatures that I've already done. These figures look to be about 8mm and their thick bases don't help (2mm is a 33% increase in 6mm). But, as it were, I bought the IM figures to test my ability to paint tinyness and I now have a bunch of these Rapier figures and a large order from Baccus on the way. So this will be the scale that I'll continue working in.

1 comment: