Tuesday 24 October 2017

Little Ships

A quick post before I hit the sack.

I've been tempted into the realm of ancient naval wargaming. Admittedly, it didn't take much luring because I've always been interested in ancient ships. These also compliment my 15mm hoplites (different scale though).

Did I say "different scale"?

These guys a tiny - 1:1200 scale. Each ship is about 30mm long. Tiny!

For me, who has never made anything in this scale before they were definitely a challenge. I was planning to do them with all their sails and stuff but I opted out of that for my first try. But I will be doing the next lot with all their sails and what-have-you.

Anyway, here are my first 5 Greek Triremes. They are based on 45mm x 20 Renedra bases (that came with various plastic figure sets).




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks again Michal. These little guys provided a very different challenge to anything I've done before.

      Delete