Wednesday 14 June 2023

New Characters for My Dragon Slayer Scenario

I'm still working on my Dragon Slayer scenario for Dragon Rampant. The rules are now firm and work really well but I wanted a few more characters for a dungeon setting so I've been working towards that end. In the main I already have several figures that I can use in a dungeon. In reality it all comes down to the base. They will look better with a stony base and I already have plenty based for Frostgrave.

The chief figure I need is a paladin on foot. I found this heroic looking chap from Reaper Miniatures. He's pretty dynamic, large and suitably heroic.

I also wanted a dedicated sorceress for the basic scenario. This one is also from Reaper but is a Black Bones figure. I like her dragon headed staff. I think it fits well with the scenario but I'm not keen on the gauntlet she's wearing. I didn't notice it when I bought the figure and I had to go online and look at painted versions of the miniature in order to work out what was what. In the end she came out looking nice (even if she does look a bit like a superhero).
And I also did this old fella. Again he is from Reaper and the original figure has an owl sitting on his shoulder. I didn't want the owl so I cut it off. I've been wanting a Gandalf type figure and this one really fit the bill. He's unimposing and he came out looking pretty nice. In the scenario he can always stand in for the magic user. The character identities are not set in stone.
That's it. Just a quick update. I'm taking some more photo's of the scenario in the dungeon setting this afternoon. I've had interest in getting the scenario published and these photo's will be directed towards that end.

So long for now.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice additions there Ian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rros. Painting detail makes a refreshing change from painting units of troops with just basic colour schemes.

      Delete