Sunday 25 December 2022

1, 2, 3, 4, 5... ADC's Working Overtime

We're having a very quiet Christmas in here St Helena so I managed to finish a bunch of French ADC's for General d'Armee. All they needed was the bases done and a few photographs taken. I'm still trying to get use to the camera on my new(ish) phone. So today I played with the "pro" options that my friend  Robin showed me, and used a little light box I picked up from Aldi a few weeks back.

The results are okay but they still needed a bit of adjustment in photoshop. The pics look a bit flat to me.
The figures are all Perry Miniatures. I'm not keen on their metal horses. By that I mean all of them. Not just the Napoleonic ones. I find them to be pretty rough in some areas and they need a fair bit of prep. I appreciate their plastic horses much more.
However, these are nice looking figures and they should add to the overall look of the game. They will look much better on the table than tokens or dice. I like this one in the light cavalry uniform best. He was an easy figure to paint and has some nice detail.
I was not keen to paint this one below. I decided to assemble him before painting because I though he would be a real pain to fix in to place after painting. As a result he wasn't easy to paint. But he did come out looking pretty nice. The leopard skin saddle cloth came out looking nice. I've done these saddles in 15mm but this is my first in 28mm. I hope this chap can stay in one piece considering the rigors of the wargaming table. I did pin him pretty securely so he should be okay (I hope!).

I'm not sure about this one. I think he's actually an infantry colonel that got mixed in with the ADC's. Whatever... He's an ADC now and he better do a good job or else he might find himself on half pay as a reservist.
And that's it. I started these guys a couple of weeks back and decided to get them painted and out of the way before starting on the regiment of French Dragoons that I have prepped and undercoated.

Also, before I sign off these little beauties arrived in the mail a couple of days ago. Just in time for Christmas.
Lucky me!

12 comments:

  1. Very nice ADC’s and leopard skins look so rewarding in this scale. My Billhooks came through last week - enjoy. Best Wishes for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm. Leopard skins look great in any scale. They look daunting but they're pretty easy really. Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jonathan and Merry Christmas to you too.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Michal. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic work Ian! The little Aldi light boxes are great value. Hope you had a great Christmas - just a little late commenting from the Antipodes. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben. This is the first time I've used it. I picked it up a few weeks back, assembled it and then put it aside. I can see it getting plenty of use in the future.

      Delete