Tuesday 29 December 2020

Frostgrave Barbarians

I picked up a box of the plastic Frostgrave Barbarians in the middle of the year. I put some together and undercoated them. They then sat on my desk until now. Last week I decided to get stuck into painting them. I was a bit daunted at having to paint a dozen at a time so I did them in groups of 3 or 4 and gave them a bit more attention that I've given to most of my other Frostgrave plastic figures.

They're a pretty good set and they came out pretty nice. The only thing I would have liked is some more head options and another bow arm option. I trimmed and changed some of the beards to get a couple more different heads. I also added a couple of alternate shields and did a little bit of converting here and there.

The first lot: I like the spear guy and the shield. The hammer looks pretty dumb and I think I only made one figure carrying it (I still have more figures on the painting table). The archer is a good looking figure.

Lot #2: A bit more work on this lot. Most notable is the standard bearer. The draco comes from the Goth Cavalry set I used to make my elfin cavalry. The head he's holding is from an old box of Warlord Celts. It's been in my bits-box for a few years and was quite brittle. His sword is from the Fireforge Undead Cavalry box.

The figure with the axe reminds me very much of Conan from the Schwarzenegger movie. 

The last batch: Nothing special here. Once again I like the spear guy. The spear arms fit really well with the torso and just look really good. Overall, they came out pretty nice and I'm really happy with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again: I don't enjoy using Blogger any more. Just trying to post the 7 images in this post proved to be a hassle. I'd like to do more battle reports but I don't think it will work. The images will post out of sequence and then it will be impossible to change their position. Because I usually use a few dozen pics when doing battle reports it will take a day or two to do them all individually and align them with the text and I just don't have the will or commitment to put that much effort into a single post. I do this for fun and it's not much fun any more.

Thanks Blogger.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal. I trying to get to your standard.

      Delete
  2. Lovely work! I painted (or rather repainted) mine this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian. They're really nice figures and that helps a lot.

      Delete
    2. I had to go all in on the Nickstarter for them when they were released so I've got all the metal barbarian figures as well!

      Delete