Wednesday 3 July 2019

Some Street Furniture

Not much to report but I thought I'd add something to keep things interesting.

I took a visit to Knights of Dice (they're about 10 minutes down the road) and got some things to make my streets a bit more interesting. KoD make very, very nice models and I have some pieces, but their larger buildings are not really what I'm after. I'm after a mundane look and KOD don't do mundane.

Anyway, I got some dumpsters and their pallet-jack set. I did the first set of dumpsters and made them straight up, as designed. I then made a third one and tried something different, so I roughed it up a bit and filled it with junk. I have a fourth one to do and I'll do that one differently too. The logos on the dumpsters are just something I knocked up on photoshop. They're just printed on paper: cut ou, glued on and scuffed up.

The pallets and pallet-jack are nice. The jack is an interesting little model that looks really great. It has some very detailed parts and and I'm amazed at the level of precision that Kod can do with their laser cutting. It will add a nice level of detail to my zombie apocalypse street terrain.




And a posed shot to see how they mix with some other terrain.



1 comment: