Saturday 27 July 2019

Afghan Wars ~ Adrien's Birthday Game

I took a long drive out to Ballarat this morning to a friends house (Adrien) and took part in a game set in the 2nd Afghan War of the 19th Century. This was something I'd never played before and not the type of game I've ever considered. There were eight players (4 to a side) and only one or two knew the rules. This didn't matter because the rules were fairly easy to pick up and most of us had a pretty good handle on them within a few turns.

The table was fairly large with the British columns coming from three directions. The Afghans' held a ruined fort in the center and a town on one table edge. I was an Afghan warlord holding the center between the town and the fort.

I couldn't stay til the end but my guys were holding up pretty well when I left them and they'd dished out plenty of grief on the British in front of them.

All the figures were supplied by Adrien, as was the table and the venue.

The Town.
 The Fort.
My command.


 The head of the British main column.












No comments:

Post a Comment