Wednesday 20 June 2018

British Armour WWII

I picked up a bunch of AB 1944/45 British infantry last week and decided to work on this era of WWII for a while. I also picked up a bunch of models at the Model Expo a couple of weeks back. I do have a bit of stuff for this period - some infantry, halftracks, carriers and a few tanks.

I also bought the pdf of the Too Fat Lardies game: I Ain't Been Shot Mum. It looks good as it has a lot of simple rules for some regular WWII battlefield concerns that are not covered by the Battlegroup rules.

Anyway, I decided to paint up the infantry as well as a few tanks. There's nothing outstanding here, just basic stuff. The models are from a mix of manufacturers.

Thes Achilles tank destroyers are from Armourfast. They are cheap and nasty but they look okay. The only problem is that they have zero detail inside the turret so I added some AB crew to, at least, fill up the space. I also added some stowage (the rolled up tarps I did with green stuff).
 You can see the total lack of detail here.
These Cromwell IV's are all Airfix. An easy model to build and it looks the part. I added the optional hedge cutter to two of them. Add the Firefly below and I have a viable Armoured troop.
The Firefly is actually diecast. I've had it for a while and I don't recall where I got it from. I looks nice and it's put together well.

I also picked up these German field cars from the Model Expo. These are dodgy resin recasts. But they were going cheap and they saved me a bunch of time because they were already primed. I just had to base them and add paint. One for Africa and one for Europe.


That's all for now.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice and interesting to me as I am about to 'dress' some Armourfast M10's up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice cheap models but they really do need dressing up.

      Delete