Sunday 16 April 2023

Æthelflæd ~ Lady of Mercia or Elf Queen?

Just a quick one...

This is a Footsore figure of Æthelflæd the Lady of the Mercians.
It's a very nice figure but it is very slight. It's based on a statue of her and I took the colour scheme from a medieval illuminated image.
However, what do I use her for? I do have an Anglo Saxon army that she could lead but I think the mounted version of her would be better suited for that role (the figure comes with a mounted armoured Æthelflæd too). I think I'm going to use the figure as a new Elf Queen. I already have an elf queen figure but this one is more of a warrior version. 
My other Elf Queen from Northstar/Oathmark.




2 comments:

  1. That is a very cool figure, I am off to check it out! The lady herself is also immortalised by Bad Squiddo....another nice figure I may have to acquire some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rross. I've seen the Bad Squiddo version. I prefer their figure holding the spear rather than the armoured version..

      Delete