Friday 14 May 2021

Putting a Smile on Your Dial

 I've been doing a whole bunch of wargaming things recently mostly related to WWII gaming and other stuff. I've ordered things from overseas and from here in Australia and found some more things/projects that I put on hold for some reason that I've forgotten.

First up are these mdf casualty dials that I got from War Bases in the UK. They took just under 2 weeks to get here through the post and they came ready made. All I had to do was a give them a coat of pva and dip them in some home made flock. I didn't really have to do this but I want them to blend in a bit when I use them. Besides, it makes them look a bit nicer.

I was looking in a box for something and I found these picket fences that I ordered from Sarissa Precision last year. They were all made and undercoated and half of them were already painted. All they needed was a coat of paint for the undercoated ones and some flock for all.
I think this was just one pack of them and there's plenty to go around.
I needed some rural buildings for WW2 Russian Front and I didn't want to break the bank. I've been  looking around for a while and I settled on these 15mm buildings from Battlefield Accessories. I chose these for several reasons: 1) They were cheap, 2) The owner Mike is a member of my club (so they're a local business) and, 3) Because they're plain and that means I can easily model them to suit what I want.
They may be 15mm but they are a good size to create a built up area footprint when incorporated with other terrain pieces without looking oversized.
I added some rough artists impasto medium to give the buildings some texture and dry-brushing. They were easy to put together and they look okay. They actually have a detailed floor inside that isn't visible in these pics.
And that's it for the time being.

4 comments:

  1. Some great scenic items there. I especially like the casualty markers - very useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Odo. I agree, I've want some of these for a while but just never got around to ordering them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks again Michal for your support.

      Delete