Monday 6 July 2020

Knights and Wolves

This week I decided to paint some knights. I really wanted some elfin knights but every where I looked I found that I was going to have to take out a second mortgage to pay for them. Instead of paying a ridiculous amount of money for half a dozen mounted figures I decided to get a box of Perry plastic Hundred Years War knights and decided that a nice paint job will make them look suitably elfish.

Originally, I was going to paint them all different colours. I was reading The Many Coloured Land (again after a long time) and I really like the description of the glowing coloured Tanu knights and I thought I'd paint them like that. I put the figures together and put them aside. I picked them up again a few days back and decided to paint them green to keep them in line with my Elfland / Faerie theme. They came out okay and they look enough like faerie knights for my taste.
I also got a bunch of wolf packs from Reaper. I could only get three packs for nine figures but I really want to make a unit of a dozen. They were pretty easy to paint and they look nice. I just need to get my hands on another pack to bring them up to speed.
I made a couple of small terrain pieces to go with my Faerie theme. Just a couple of pieces of scrap foam mounted on some old cd's. Cheap and easy but they look nice enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment