Friday 8 May 2020

Some of This and Some of That

I've devoted limited time to painting this week, but I've still been painting a little bit every day. As a result I've finished a few figures. Some I've had for a few months and some that are pretty much new.

This first one is a lady knight from Reaper. It's a very nice figure and required very little clean up prior to painting. The only disappointment is a slight warp in the sword. II don't think it's supposed to be a she-elf but it could be. Lovely figure. Nice detail and easy to paint. I like it's hair.
This one is another Reaper, but this time its a Black Bones figure. In my opinion the Black Bones are much nicer to work on than the original white ones. This figure came in a set of three and it the nicest figure out of the three. (No back shot because it's pretty dull - just a long dark cloak.)
And some zombie apocalypse figures from Studio Miniatures. Nice figures but both of them are quite small. The lady in particular is very small. But her rifle is to scale so she looks like what she's supposed to look like: a tough little lady with a big rifle. The guy is simple but well done and really looks the part. I like his coat and scarf.
And another big zombie from Zombiecide. He doesn't look happy. Judging by the way his legs are posed, I think he needs a pee.

4 comments:

  1. Great work on all these....I particularly like the first one, I have this lady too but you have made a nicer job of her than I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She was a really nice figure to paint. I used Vallejo airbrush paints (with a brush) - aluminium silver, two coats of blue ink, metallic blue highlights. Pretty simple really.

      Delete