Wednesday 15 January 2020

Barbarians & Something Piggly

Well this post is going to be a little different. I've finished 3 more figures. two of them are pretty straight forward to the average Fantasy enthusiast but the third is... Different. Significantly different.

So first up is a northern barbarian type from Frostgrave. This is a nice figure and conforms perfectly to everyone's favorite fantasy barbarian ideal. I really enjoyed painting this figure. He's big and hefty and perfect for a player character.
And then there's this one. Another from Reaper Bones. I got this with my trial bulk purchase. It's a bit odd and I'm not sure what's going on with his back. It did have a small spot of glue on the back that needed trimming off. But the back looks as though he was flogged sometime in that past. I don't know if that's intentional or just my crappy painting. He also needed a bit of work on his hands due to some miscasting. This is a very basic figure and I didn't bother with much detail. He looks okay in a brutal sort of way. Maybe he could do with some blood splatter.
And now we come to the significantly different?

Just what this is I can't tell you. It's from Eureka Miniatures' Chaos Army range. I like it. It definitely has a verBosch/Bruegel feel to it and perfectly captures my idea of what I want in a chaos or faerie army (which is something I aim to build some day soon). Also, if I had thought about it before I started painting, I would have sculpted him a mighty todger because he's looking a bit bereft down below. I could have and nailed it to the barrel to keep him steady.

Whatever this chap may be: here he is. In my army he will be someone of significance - a general or a standard bearer or something. I am going to call him Lord Pugsley ~ Duke of Gruntelton and his trusty steed: Duobus Capitibus.


1 comment: