Monday 27 January 2020

A Little Bit Weird & Wonderful.

This post is a bit of a mixed bag: A few more figures for Frostgrave/Rangers of Shadowdeep and a few more additions to my growing Army of Faerie. I don't know what set of rules I'm making this army for because I haven't yet found a set of rules that is flexible enough to allow me to field an army of anything sort of faeriefolk that I want to.

I'll start today with a group shot:

Okay everybody. Say Cheese!
Most of these figures are from Eureka and every single one of them is really nice. Well sculpted, well cast and easy to paint. The only exception is the Beastman. He's another Reaper Bones figure. 

This archer will work equally well for Frostgrave of RoSD. I can see him being used as either a main character in RoSD or a soldier/captain in Frostgrave. Have to wait and see who he ends up being.
The dwarf will also fit with just about anything. I really like this figure. It has great detail and looks just as I expect a dwarf character to look. Initially the figure looked pretty boring but when painted it really came to life.
Mr Beastman from Reaper ~ I got him because he looks like a good generic beastly monster. I wouldn't say the figure is exciting but it came up okay with a very basic paint job. Nothing to write home about but I'm sure he'll prove to be versatile.
Mr Beaky ~ This figure is from Eureka's Chaos Army range. An unusul figure (it has no eyes) and I don't know what it's supposed to be. That doesn't matter. He'll fit in as a foot soldier for the Army of Faerie. I may get a couple more of him to fill out the ranks. I painted him in monkish brown because of the Brugel/Bosche influence.
Notice his spike is bronze... Faerie folk don't like iron!
Ms Moonface ~ Is she a giantess or an orgress? Hard to say. 
I've wanted this figure for a while but I had no real use for it, but I'm glad I did find a place for it and a reason to buy it. The figure has great detail and really looks as if it comes from some strange twilight world just a morning mist away from our own. She comes with a little imp that you can sit on her head. I chose not to include it. I'll use it elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. What a great minis! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eureka do have some great figures. You just have to find them. I think they need a new website.

      Delete