Sunday 11 October 2020

Darts and a Bulls Eye

I received my birthday present a couple of days after my birthday (because in Australia we can't trust the mail to be on time anymore) this came in the form of a box full of goodness ~ i.e: Another box of Oathmark elves, some paints, a trio of WizKids giant eagles and the things you see below.

These are a couple of ballistae / bolt throwers from WizKids. I was expecting one but they came as a pack of two. I kit bashed the elves from both Oathmark elf kits. I removed the skull from the front of the ballisa and used a couple of the standards from the elf kits to fill the gap. They came out okay.
The Brass Bull is from Reaper and is the Black Bones version. It's not as large as I was hoping but it's big enough to be a monster and look intimidating. It's to go with my Granbretanian's. In the book, The Mad God's Amulet, there's a big metal beast that goes on the rampage and kills lots of people. It's not a bull and it's not made of brass but I do have bull-masked troops and brass is a continuing theme throughout the books due to the character of Count Brass and Castle Brass. So the Brass Bull sort of fits in thematically.



2 comments:

  1. They look great. The ballistae are lovely and the bull an absolute ripper!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. They were enjoyable to paint.

      Delete