Saturday 1 February 2020

How to Blow Your Own Horn and Enjoy It.

The second month of the year and I'm still going strong on my fantasy ride. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm really enjoying painting this stuff after such a long time away from the fantasy genera. There is so much variety and so many opportunities for interesting conversions. As I see it, most of these can be used for skirmish games and as part of my Army of Faerie.

Today is another eclectic group of figures. They're all fantasy but other than that most have very little in common with each other. Some creepy crawlies, a She-Elf, some strange chaotic denizens, and a little blue fisherman on a really big base. Here's a group pic to give you some idea:
So, where to start?
The creepy crawlies and the she-elf are both Reaper Bones figures. The elf maiden  is a nice figure. She didn't come out quite as I wanted but she's okay. The finished result looks a bit too "anime" for my liking but I do like the very vibrant green I managed to achieve. The scorpions took no time to paint (about 20 minutes) and they'll come in useful for a variety of things.
Then there's another couple of weird and wonderful figures from the Eureka Miniatures Chaos Army range. There's this little fellow with big bitey teeth and another vignette that is going to be the herald of my army - Miles de la Pyles and Sachmo Flatulata his helper. In the Eureka catalog this vignette is actually mounted on the same barrel as King Big Head, but I mounted him on another of the figures in the range for a bit of variety.
I think I've painted more tongues in the past few weeks than I've painted in the last 10 years.
Yes... Your eyes do not deceive and your worst fears are revealed.  This is figure does use a
somewhat bohemian style of tooting his horn. You can never trust which orifice these kool-kat,
bee-bop playing, beatniks are going to use. It's those drugs and hard liquor, I tells ya!
And then there's this imp with a fishing rod. He came with the Moon Headed ogre woman I painted last week. He's supposed to sit on her head. But I decided to paint him blue put him on this really big base that I made about 10 years ago.
All joking aside, I found the ent/treeman in a box, in a draw, in several pieces and he was feeling a bit neglected. I originally made him when I was running Fiendish Fabrications. I made him and cast him and sold resin copies so there will be more than one of these treemen out there in the big wild world. But this is the original put back together and in all his ferocious glory. He stands about 6" tall.
And some "in progress" pics of him:



2 comments:

  1. Another great stuff! A love the treeman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, my little collection is getting larger.

      Delete