Tuesday 4 February 2020

I've Got Worms, n' They're Multiplying.

It's that time again, dear Reader. More miniatures painted and ready to be posted for your perusal.

Again I have a pretty strange and eclectic mix. Some new, some old, some large, some tiny. All are destined for the fantasy wargaming arena and, even if I don't get to use them straight away, they will see the table-top in the near future. So, with no further ado here are today's specimens!

First: my worm problem. One of these big chaps seems pretty threatening so, I thought, why not get two. So I did. They stand about 3 inches high and they look like they're capable of swallowing a character with one bite. They're from Reaper Bones so they're an inexpensive investment for some fearsome looking monsters.
Next up is this fine fellow. I think he's a troll or maybe an ogre (I don't really know). Whatever... I like him. Like much of what I'm painting at the moment, I don't really have much idea of where he sits in the scheme of things. But I'm sure it involves bashing things and eating people.
And then there's this little lady. This is another figure that I've had sitting on my desk for a long time (since at least 2010). I can't remember why I got it in the first place and she's been sitting half painted and dusty for ages & almost got thrown out a couple of times too. I don't recall who makes this figure. If I did I'd probably get more because I do remember that they made a range of these fairies.

But now her time had come and she's part of the Army of Faerie. In what roll, I don't yet know. I like that the figure looks nasty and spiteful. I like the idea of fairies being that way. Like Tinker Bell in the original story of Peter Pan, they should hate humans and try to vex them and visit spite on them at every opportunity.
This is a mix of figures - I made the pixie years ago when I was running Fiendish Fabrications. The figure itself is actually the little guy and the mushroom he's standing on. He's pretty tiny ~ about 10mm, The hare is from Eureka from their range of samurai rabbits. They fit well together & I think they make a good team.
And last is another figure sculpted by me. for Eureka a few years back. This is a character from the Runestaff stories by Michael Moorcock. He's the commander of the Vulture Legion ~ Astrovak Mikosovar. I'll use him for my own Vulture Legion when I finally get enough figures painted (they take a while to do). This one is just a re-basing. I painted him a few years ago. But, he'll be leading part of my army so he deserves some new photo's.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's it for today. I'm not sure what will be next. I'll just pick something. Paint it and then move onto the next thing. I think I have a hobbit almost finished. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. How I love the rabbit base! Great classic fantasty atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Michal. I'm not really sure what I'm doing but I am enjoying painting these figures.

      Delete