Wednesday 28 August 2019

Keep Down or You Might Get Shot in the Foxhole

Yes, keep your head down because the mosquitoes are vicious this time of the year

And that's because during the past couple of days I finished off some aircraft and some entrenchments for the Western Desert (WWII).

I'm not very good at making aircraft and it's been quite a few years since I made one. As it is, with Battlegroup players' get the chance to use direct air support and, in my opinion a model aircraft looks much better than a token. So I made a couple. Not the best but good enough for my needs.

To be honest, if I could get my hands on a few 1/100 diecast aircraft, I think they's fit much better in a game.



And here are some entrenchments/foxholes. I made these things a while back out of SuperSculpey. I was thinking of making molds and casting them in resin. I wasn't in any hurry so I took my time and I eventuallu got the materials and cast some.

They're not the best casts (it's been a long time since I last did any casting) but they look okay for a battlefield - A little beaten up and rough. I painted them for the desert but they could also do for Sicily or Italy by placing a little bit of lichen on them.
AB Figures for scale:



I also made some barbed wire:


No comments:

Post a Comment