Thursday 16 May 2019

Oh No... Not Another Apocalypse!

I'm a bit burned out with ancients after the Siege of Rhodes, so I've decided to get back to something closer to the current day. And what better way to get back to the modern age than a good old fashioned Zombie Apocalypse?

I've always liked zombie games as long as it's relatively modern. I don't like it when people have these great ideas of making historical games "different". All that usually means is adding zombies. Nothing imaginative or new. Just zombies. Germans always have to have zombies because they're the bad guys, despite what era is being made "different".In my opinion, it's pathetic.

But, in their right time & place (which is 1970's onward - and don't argue!!!) I think zombies are great. I love 'em!

I've started by picking up a few 28mm figures that had literally gathered dust on my painting table. I dusted them off and finished painting them. I also dug out the very basic zombie rules I wrote a few years back and I've been expanding them to make them more detailed and suitable for campaigns or semi-role playing.

I also stared making some card terrain by WorldWorkGames. I decided on card terrain because I've done it before and I already have a pretty decent collection of city buildings. I'm also going to build a bunch of WorldWorks' fantasy terrain because I want to get into Frostgrave some time soon.

Anyway, here are some posed pics that I took for inclusion in the rules. Maybe I'll eventually publish them. Who knows?
This TV crew were some of the figures gathering dust.


 These riot police were very dusty. They waited very patiently for a paint job



No comments:

Post a Comment