Saturday 24 June 2017

The Bugs are Coming.

I'm making another force for Firefight. This time it will be a hoard of bugs using the Plague list for stats.

I really wanted a bunch of the Starship Trooper plastic arachnids for this list but I soon realised that that wasn't going to happen. So I searched around for something else. I eventually settled on the Parasachnids bugs from Khurasan Miniatures and prepared to make a large order. But their website closed down for maintenance for a long while so I had to wait.

During the wait I attended the Traders Day at Nunawading Wargames Assoc. (my club) and lo-and-behold. Nic from Eureka was there getting rid of all the vast accumulation of shite that h'e collected over the years. Amongst his treasures was a full box of 20 Starship Trooper's bugs at an extremely attractive fire-sale price.

Oh, lucky day!

So here they are. They're not quite finished yet but I couldn't wait to show them (all I have to do is their beady little eyes). I brushed them a flat beige colour with a wash of GW sepia. Then today, I set up my airbrush and did some red. I was also going to do black tips on their legs be decided against it because they look pretty nice, as is.

So here they are:


These friendly little fellows are Arachnida, the spiders, our finest collection...




No comments:

Post a Comment