Thursday 6 August 2020

A Bit More Painting

I've been a bit suppressed due to real-life getting in the way of my preferred reality. Nonetheless, I've continued to paint in order to get things done as well as using the time as a meditative exercise.

So what have I achieved?

These guys:

A general/warlord/champion/hero/etc, for my evil doers. This is a Wizkids figure and he's pretty hefty. I think he's supposed to be a half-orc but I'll just use him for whatever I need him to be whenever I want to use him. He originally had a banner in his left hand but it looked stupid so I replaced it with some fantasy spears I had sitting around. His original sword looked okay but it was bent almost into a circle and couldn't be straightened. So I made him a new sword out of a piece of plastcard. It came out okay. Overall I'm pretty happy with him and he'll make a nice warlord/etc...
I did this guy too. He makes up the third of my trio of ogres. This makes a handy unit that can be used for multiple games. I did have a small troll as #3 and it can still stand in if I need a 4th ogre. This is another Reaper Bones (Black) and it's another really nice figure. The three ogre figures I have look great together as a unit.
I also finished the last of the old Grenadier barbarians I got from eM4. These really are great looking figures. They're about 30 years old but they're every bit as good as they were way back then. My friend Chris still has some that I painted in the 90's. I'd like to see how they compare to these ones.
I really like this one. I didn't think I much of him until I painted his banner and then the figure came alive. Even though the banner is a really rough and basic design it looks really nice in the flesh (not quite as neat and tidy as it looks in the pic).
These are two figures that I remember painting 30 odd years ago (using Humbrol enamels!). As I mentioned above: I'd like to see the originals that I did to compare them. I'm pretty sure I've improved a bit since then.

So that's what I've done. I'm hoping to get a solo game played in the next day or so and I'll post a battle report. That nice new orc warlord needs a name and needs to be blooded!

4 comments:

  1. love the warg-mounted warlord ...

    great foliage effect on the base - any details?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marc. The base is my regular grass mix (roughly 80% spring green, 15% dark green & 5% medium grade model railway ballast). The only difference with the warg base is that I added extra ballast and dabbed some of the flock with a dark brown wash.

      Delete