Friday 24 July 2020

T'was Brillig and the Slithy Toves...

...Did gyre and gimble in the wabe.
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe.

Yes, I bought myself a Jabberwock, my son. With jaws that bite and claws that catch. This is a Reaper Bones figure and it looks lovely. But I have to say that it would have been better produced using the harder Black Bones material. It stands on one skinny leg and its tail and these can't support its weight. As a result it constantly wants to bend towards the ground because the white Bones material just isn't strong enough.

So, I tried a few things which didn't work and eventually decided to drill into one leg and drive a piece of brass rod into it. I then drilled a notch into the mdf base and glued the rod in place. Then I used Miliput and Greenstuff to build a tree stump around the brass rod.
He came out very nicely and he'll join one of my fantasy armies. I have a couple of figures with long spears that would look good as handlers so he might end up as a fantastic element to go with my medieval troops and give them a more fantasy feel.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed. Make sure you have your Vorpal Sword to hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ross. I've got my vorpal sword ready in case it gets out of hand.

      Delete
  2. What a great looking mini and your paint job has really done him justice.Nice work!

    ReplyDelete