Thursday 7 March 2019

Preparing for the Siege pt8

I've been busy with real life for the past few weeks so I haven't had time to post anything new. But I have been painting troops, albeit slowly.

So I've been painting and the armies have been growing but I really had no idea how many troops I had and how many more I might need. Today I had some time and I decided to set the city up and lay out the troops to get my bearings. I also needed to see if I have enough buildings.

All is looking good but I need more troops. On the Macedonian side I need a bit more of everything as well as half a dozen units of marines for the seaward side of the table. I also need to get the larger siege engines built. For Rhodes I need more hoplites, light infantry and marines.

If you're wondering what the marines look like, they are just hoplite armed infantry. I guess I'll have to paint their shields blue or something.

It was also good to set the city up again in order to work out some sort of set up plan. I couldn't really remember how I set it up last time but trial and error and I eventually got it. Sort of. As it is I just gave the different pieces a letter (A - H), took a photo and annotated it.

Another thing I need to do is make the acropolis. I got some small resin buildings from Brigade Models. A temple and theater. They are smaller in scale than the card buildings but the acropolis will be a standalone terrain piece. So a bit of forced perspective will be the order of the day.

Anyway, here's a few photo's of the troops as they stand at the present.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal,
      I should have waited to set this up because I now have all the siege engines finished and I'd like to see them set up on the table.

      Delete