Tuesday 19 February 2019

Preparing for the Siege pt7

So, I already had a Hellenic navy ready to use for my Siege of Rhodes game but it seems that I needed more. So I sent off a small order to Langton's and the pics below are what I got.

First off I ordered a couple more triremes. I'm not sure why I ordered these. I have a feeling I meant to order quadremes but I made a mistake. No worries though, I'll add them to Demetrius's pirate allies. I enjoyed painting these little guys again, so I may end up sending off another order in the future.

I also got some merchant ships. I wanted some of these anyway but I liked how in The Bronze God of Rhodes the Rhodians erected siege engines on some merchant ships to help defend the civil harbour, so I thought I'd add a couple into the mix. They'll give the Antigonids some extra grief as well as extra targets. I like the little swan things on the aft of the vessels.

(P.S. The Bronze God is a work of fiction but it has some pretty nice little touches that are missing from the scant historical accounts.)

I also ordered some of these lovely siege engines. As will be the case, they are not to scale with the walled city but they are supposed to be sitting off in the mouth of the harbour bashing away at the walls whilst creating a nice target for a possible Rhodian sortie.
So that's it for the naval game. I don't think I'll need any more miniatures. But in the future...?

No comments:

Post a Comment