Monday 14 January 2019

Some Troops for the Siege

After getting the walls together for the city of Rhodes I started work on the city buildings. I chose to use the card/print buildings from Roman Seas and I got quite a few done. Unfortunately, I ran out of card to print on and I've had trouble sourcing the right sort of card to continue for the time being.

So I decided to start painting some troops. I did previously paint up some Irregular Miniatures to test my 6mm painting skills and then moved on to some Rapier Miniatures. But I also received my first order from Baccus. So I have plenty to get working on at the moment.

I'll most likely ditch most of the Irregular figures because the scale is out of whack with Rapier and Baccus.

I haven't painted too many of them as yet and I'm going to need an awful lot more but this is what I've done so far:

For Rhodes I have some archers and javelinmen. Rhodes will have a lot of light infantry manning the walls with their heavy infantry initially remaining in reserve pending any breakthrough. You'll note that I've mounted the Rhodians on 40x20mm bases. This is so that the base can be split to mount them on the walls. The rules will be that only 1 unit can defend a wall section and only 1 single unit may attack a section of wall (with supports though).
 Some light engine batteries for placement either on the walls on in the towers.
 And a unit of Ptolemy's veteran reinforcements. There will be a total of 3 or 4 units of these troops.
For Demetrius:
Some archers/skirmishers. These figures are Rapier on the left and Irregular on the right. You can easily see the size disparity.
Theurophori - Medium troops armed with spear and javelin. I have enough to make another 3 units at this stage. Baccus
Mercinary hoplites and some phalangites armed with spears (pikes not being the best weapon for storming a walled city). Baccus on the left / Rapier on the right.
Hyspaspists - (aka: Silver Shields). The elite troops of the Antigonid forces. There will only be two units of these troops on the table. Rapier with Baccus command.


Rhodes will also have mercinary hoplites, marines & citizen militia as well as Rhodian Slingers and both sides will have a couple of units of Cretan archers.

From a previous post I've also prepared some of Demetrius's siege engines.





No comments:

Post a Comment