Friday 9 March 2018

"Are You Sure the General is on Our Side?"

I've had a bit of a break from posting stuff but that doesn't mean I've not been busy. To the contrary, I've been painting, painting, painting, the result of which is two new battalions of French Ligne and (finally) a divisional commander for my Prussians.

These aren't the best figures I've ever painted but they're good enough for the table-top. They are mostly Perry plastics and metals with a few Warlord's Late French thrown in to make up numbers. I'll probably add a 3rd battalion in greatcoats to use up the Warlord's figures I still have. But there is the little matter of Lutzow's Friekorp to address first.

They'll be thrown into their first battle later today, so wish them luck!




I looked hard for some Prussian general officers for a while and, I have to say, there a very few of them out there. Every set I found were always Blucher and his cronies. I eventually settled on Perry because of the price but I'm not overly happy with the figures themselves. They are pretty rough and uninspiring. 

Well, they got a quick paint job and now they're ready to conduct their first battle against their French friends above. 

Also, I guess the fellow on the right would be Generalmajor von Horn, the officer commanding 7th Brigade, I Corps 1813/14 and one of his aides.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jonathan. I stated doing my French a few years back to replace my 20mm troops but lost interest due to a lack of games. I'm really enjoying painting them again because I'm getting to play Napoleonic's again.

    ReplyDelete