Friday 10 February 2023

Centauri

A short diversion from what I've been doing recently. These guys have been sitting on the paint bench, undercoated and half painted, for quite a long while. They keep looking at me and making me feel guilty so I finally made the effort to finish them.

To be honest, I didn't actually do all of these in the past few days: Only the ten in the photo's below.
These figures are from Eureka Miniatures and even though they're pretty basic they do have a certain charm. They have a very 1980's feel about them. They fit very very well with Eureka's satyr/faun figures with many of the faun torsos being repurposed to make these figures.
The Centaur King is a conversion that I did for Eureka on the original "leader" figure. The green thing on his head is a crown of oak leaves (or laurel). I designed it based on the crown of Phillip II of Macedonia (Alexander's father). So I could have painted it gold. I was going to do that but changed my mind at the last minute and opted for green.
Below is the original little band that I did a few years back. You'll note the original leader figure (I actually replaced the spear with one of my own design on this one too which prompted the conversion I did for Eureka). You'll also notice the round bases. I'm not sure what to do about these at this stage: Keep them or rebase onto matching oval bases? Lets see what happens.
This is a little group of Sagittarii. I think I'll up their number to 12 in the near future.
So this is my little force of Centauri as they stand at the moment. I will add a few more to their numbers sometime soon. I have 16 spears which is an odd number when trying to create units for most modern rules. I think 24 would work out better. Another half dozen archers would also round off this little warband.
These figures are really easy to paint and that aspect made me feel even more guilty every time I sat down and saw them looking at me. I just kept putting them off over and over again and they just kept getting in the way of other things. But now it's all done and my army of the forest/faerie folk has grown a little bit stronger.


P.S. I also have a bag full of satyr/faun figures to add to the three dozen that I already have.



No comments:

Post a Comment