Tuesday 28 June 2022

More Lancastrians

I've added a couple more bands to my Wars of the Roses Lancastrian army.  I was hoping to have, at least, one more unit to add to them but, as evidenced by my previous post, I got distracted by goblins and scorpions.
These are a couple of the Duke of Somerset's retinue bill & bow. As you may guess the figures are Perry plastics and they came out looking pretty good as far as I'm concerned. I made the flags myself using photoshop and I don't think they are very good. I could only find a small portcullus image to use and it came out pixilated. I might re-do them. (Also, my printer broke and I got a new one which is rubbish. Whatever you do: Don't buy a HP printer!)

Edit: And I just noticed that the flag on the rear unit is upside down.
Again I organised and based them for Hail Caesar using the Perry's own unit lists. This gives decent sized bands that look good. I'm using 16 figures per band (10 bow and 6 bill) and from the two boxes of figures that I bought this ratio will give me 6 units. 
Alternatively, they can be split up into smaller bands for use in Never Mind the Billhooks or other games. I'd just have to use my casualty dials instead of removing figures.
I'm still waiting on my Baccus 6mm WotR's order to arrive from the UK. I ordered them in mid May and hopefully they'll arrive soon. I also have some Perry metal Lancastrian command sets on their way along with a pair of cannon.

And here's my Lanc's up to date. There is a metal Duke of Somerset in my Perry order but I might make a plastic version if he doesn't hurry up and arrive soon!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely figures and great paint job, there's something special about 28mm figures.. I've just starting making a WOTR Tudor army in 15mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. All figure sizes are good in their own way. I considered a Tudor army but I thought I'd start with something a bit more generic. Being Welsh it's one of the few opportunities to put a proto-Welsh flag on the table.

      Delete