Friday 24 June 2022

Goblin Scorpii

Goblins + Giant Scorpions = Scorpii. Well that's what I'm going to call them!
I bought one of these Reaper Bones Giant Scorpions in 2020 and I didn't make it because the legs were a real pain in the arse to put together. I revisited the figure a couple of months ago and it came out looking pretty good (See here.) So I bought a few more a couple of weeks back with the idea of adding some riders.
Initially I was going to add some Oathmark Revenants as riders but they didn't work out. But I had some Wargames Atlantic goblins sitting around. These figures come with saddles that are supposed to fit on the WA giant spiders. Now I can't deal with the WA spiders because they look a bit too realistic when painted and I'm a hopeless arachnophobe. So, with a little bit of greenstuff the saddles proved to be a great fit for these big critters.
I really like the result and my only complaint is that I only got three scorpions. So my new mission is to get another three of them and build a unit of six. If I can't find three I can get away with two because I can always add a saddle to the first one that I painted if I need to.

I do have a few of the WizKids giant scorpions which I bought because I couldn't get my hands on these Reaper ones. The WizKids models look really great but I couldn't quite get the saddle to fit properly. Maybe I can have another try to see what I can do (maybe the Oathmark Revenants will fit on them!).

So that's some of what I've been doing this week. I've also finished another unit of bill and bow for my Wars of the Roses Lancaster army. I was hoping to finish at least two units this week but I got slowed down with painting these guys. I think the effort was worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Woooow! They\re looking really awesome sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your desert goblins a lot. Great idea! Cheers, Karl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desert Goblins... I never thought of that.
      Thanks Karl.

      Delete