Friday 15 January 2021

The Good, The Bad, and The Furniture

Imagine that I'm whistling an Ennio Morricone tune...

What have I got today? A bit of a mix I suppose. I've been painting most of these over the past couple of weeks along with all the other tuff that I've been doing. I haven't posted them because they didn't really fit in with the other stuff. But here they are now:

The Good: Well I assume he's good. He's blue with a greenish burst of magical vapor. But he does have a tiny skull on his belt and his shoulders are a bit pointy (and that points towards evil if I use grim-dark GW logic). Anyway, this figure is from WizKids and it's quite a decent figure. I'm not keen on the "magic effect" on the end of his staff. I was going to nip it off but I decided to leave it. Overall he came out pretty nice.

The Bad: A few baddies here. These guys are definitely evil, because they have very distinct pointy bits (and we all know pointy means evil. Besides... I painted them evil red too!).

All of these figures are from the Mantic Terrain Crate. After a closer look the figures vary in quality. Some are really good and some a pretty bad. I like this first one. He's pretty basic but he looks good. My only issue is that it's a touch too small and it would be better if it was a just couple of mm larger.
This is a three headed Hound of Heck! When I first saw this figure I though it looked really good. After painting it I think it looks a bit cartoonish. It's okay but it could be a bit more menacing. Maybe it's my paint job. But it's okay and I can see me using it for some evil purpose sometime in the future.
A couple of skeletons and a ghost. The skelly with the scythe is pretty crappy and looks like it came out of a packet of Corn Flakes. The archer skeleton is much better and, unfortunately, there was only one of him in the box. The ghost looks much better in the flesh than my photo gives it credit. It has a really nice twisted forward pose. It's a really nice little figure.
The Furniture: These are all pieces from the Mantic Terrain Crate. This box has some really nice pieces that can be used for many different scenarios and settings. Many of them are small and simple but they have the potential to make a dull scene look a bit more interesting. The astrolabe is a particularly nice little model and is my favorite piece so far. The base for the mirror is one of the original figure bases. I decided to put the figures onto round bases and I've used the original bases for some of the terrain pieces.
Another set of dungeon doors. I'll call these ones Robbie and John.


1 comment: