Sunday 17 January 2021

A Quick Post ~ Stuff I've Painted

 Just a quick one to post a couple of figures that I painted over the weekend. Again, it's a bit of a variety which seems to always be the case when doing stuff for skirmish games.

First is this guy: He's from Reaper miniatures and he's great. I was really struck by the pose which conveys a "no nonsense" attitude. He could be used as a ranger character for Rangers of Shadowdeep but I think I'll team him up with another similar Reaper figure to make a Wizard/Apprentice combo for Frostgrave.

Next is a Frosgrave figure. This came in a set with a much better figure. As it turned out this figure has been sitting half finished on my table for several months. I decided to finish it just to get it done. It's not one of my favorite figures. I think it's too busy and looks cluttered and it's feet are awkward and out of scale too. But who knows...? It may grow on me in time. Then, and only then, will our true love blossom.
Skeleton Archers: These are Reaper Bones. I just picked them up a couple of days back and painted them immediately (I picked up the top figure at the same time). They're really simple and I like the look of them. I was inspired to grab them after painting the Mantic skeleton archer I did in my last post. I figure 4 archer-skellies should be enough for most skirmish scenarios.
Some treasure: More from the Mantic Terrain Crate. Nothing really special but the plinth with the crown are actually two separate small pieces that I glued together. They make for an interesting and pretty little treasure token. All of the pieces are based on the plastic bases that I removed from the Terrain Crate figures. 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal. I really like the first one.

      Delete
  2. Nice bunch of figures - and very well painted too. Can't wait to see them in action on the tabletop in a game of Frostgrave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Odo. I'm still not sure what game you might see them in yet.

      Delete
  3. Lovely work! Do you by any chance know what the wizard miniature is called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply... Unfortunately, I have no idea at all. It's Reaper and I think the name has the word "warlock" in there somewhere.

      Delete