Friday 18 September 2020

Ancient Quickie

I painted up some more ancients during the week. This time it's some light infantry because I think, after some games, that I need some more. Another reason is to get them out of the lead pile where they've been sitting for some time.

First up: I finished up some Italiote javelinmen from Xyston. I've painted some of these before and they're pretty easy. Painting the shield designs is fun. I think I have a few more and I'd quite like to get a fourth unit for the table to go with the four units of spears that I've finished.

These ones are Hellenic peltasts from Forged in battle. These are the first FiB infantry that I've painted and they're not bad. They're very easy to prep with minimal mould lines and the fact that spears and shields are part of the mould makes life even easier. 

The FiB figures are a little smaller than my Xyston Successors but they'll be in separate units so there should be no problem. However, I could also use them with my Ancient Greeks and that may be a bit of a problem. My Greeks are AB Figures which are 18mm and the size difference is pretty noticeable. To add to that, the AB Greek peltasts that I've had for years are almost 20mm and they look big next to the AB hoplites. Next to these guys they look like giants. Maybe the the old figures will have to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


P.S. This is the first post I've done using the New and Improved Blogger format and I don't like it very much. It seems to give me much less control about how I want the formatting of the post to appear and how I can post images. It also seems that all of my labels have vanished too.
I'm not very happy with this change. I wonder if I can move this blog to another platform?


4 comments:

  1. Lovely work on the figures. re Blogger, when editing and you click over on the right margin in the labels section to start adding labels, your label list should suddenly become visible and should be scrollable and able to click on the labels names to have them automatically added to your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norm,
      Thanks. I eventually found it. I'm still not happy but I suppose I'll get use to it and stop being a Luddite.

      Delete