Tuesday 4 June 2019

New Zombies

Since I've been delving into the impending Zombie Apocalypse again, I decided to update my zombies. The figures I previously used were mainly the Wargames Factory multi-part plastics. They wen't the best so I also sculpted a dozen or so figures too.

So I dragged them from the grave once again and had a look and I wasn't happy with them. The metal sculpts are okay (although the painting is sub par) but the plastics are pretty crappy. Really, it's the male zed's that are crap. The female plastics are okay. I think these were a later release and the quality is better.

So I hunted around and decided to get some Zombicide figures. They're pretty nice as far as zombies go but the poses are a bit repetitive. And what's with all the bald heads? But they come in at about $1.50 per figure and that pretty good when I'm going to need a few dozen of them. I can fix some of the  repetition issues with a bit of green-stuff and conversion.

So here's the first few figures.



They make a nice mob and they're definitely better than my older figures. But the old ones will still be hanging around for when I need big numbers.

Also, here's my sculpted figures with their sub-par painting.

1 comment: