Friday 6 December 2013

My First Runestaff Character

It's hard to please everyone all of the time so this one , no doubt, will be contentious. I say this because anyone who had read the Runestaff series will have their own idea of how the characters look or how they should be represented.

So. On with the post...

This is my first sculpt of Count Brass. I deliberately made him a little larger that the other figures (only 1 or 2 millimeters) because he is described in the stories are big and burly with a big moustache and a mane of wild red hair. So I thought he needed to be larger than life. Keeping in line with the baroque theme I also made his armour quite elaborate though practical. It is also very chunky as it is supposed to be made of brass. So I thought it needed to look heavy. The detail will also be better for painting the finished figure as it will provide areas of contrast or sections where a wash will lift details (considering he is supposed to be totally brass coloured).

He should really be wearing a helm but I thought that, seeing that he is a main character you need to see his face. This helps to define him so that you can see his big moustache, weathered face and shock of red hair.

Anyway here he is:


Here are some close ups. On his right shoulder is the fist symbol that appears on his standard (a red fist on a white background).




No comments:

Post a Comment