Friday, 9 October 2026

Iberian Holiday

I'm still on the warpath against the many small projects that have taken up space on my painting table for far too long. This time is was just a handful of 15mm ancient Iberian cavalry. I only have a small Iberian army, which was initially made as a ally (or enemy) for my Republican Romans. I'm pretty certain I have many more of them in a box somewhere. However, because I chose to hand paint all the shields, these guys are not an easy paintjob.

They do make up a respectable force but not nearly as large as I prefer. They're certainly large enough for a ally to sit on the Roman flank. Unfortunately they have only ever been used to fight along side my friend Peter's Carthaginians against my Romans!

These are the figures that have been taking up room on my painting table for the past 2 or 3 years. A unit of light horse and a cavalry commander. That's it. They were very dusty but it didn't take much to finish them.
Looking through this blog I found that I never did a post dedicated to these troops. All I ever did were piecemeal post of units as I painted them. So I decided put the whole little army on parade and take some photos. Here they are:

Scutari - Heavy Infantry

Caetrati - Light Infantry

Balaeric Slingers
Heavy Cavalry

Light Cavalry
Commanders/ Heroes




And that's them. They definately need more heavy cavalry. However, they also need more heavy infantry and every thing else too. Maybe I'll get onto it sometime in the future, but maybe I won't. 

By the way (I should have mentioned this earlier); all the figures are Xyston Miniatures.

Cheers and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment