Sunday, 20 September 2026

Terrain Time

I'm continuing on my mission to finish off things that I left sitting around prior to my sabbatical. This time I decided to complete some terrain pieces. I have plenty more to do but taking things one small project at a time will see me get through the backlog pretty quickly.

First up is some 6mm buildings to go with my 10mm Marlburian troops. I decided to go for the smaller scale because I prefer the smaller footprint of the town tiles. They don't look too weird next to the 10mm battalions. All the buildings are from Total War Miniatures and I still have more to paint up.

This is a small village tile based, I think, on one of the hamlets around the Waterloo or Ligny battlefields. The buildings are resin and the tile is made of latex.


This is Papelotte Farm from the 100 Days range. It's a nice little self contained model. It sits in the palm of my hand pretty comfortably. I also have Le Hay Sainte and I'll paint that one up soon.

This one is Ligny Chateaux from the 100 Days range. This came in 3 parts and looks fantastic. Its footprint will make it a nice fortified village to be fought over (hopefully many times).
Attack of the 50' Woman!! 
Just for scale, here they are with a 28mm figure.


I also finished this small forest. These are 3d printed spooky trees. I got them as a set from Temu. From memory I got them from a dealer in Queensland. They look great and I think I might get another set. They are mounted on some mdf blast-crater-marker templates that I found. The shapes are nice an irregular so they work well. If I get more trees I might have to try and find some more of these templates.
The canopy was made with some cheapo artificial moss that I got from Amazon. It came as a 100 gram pack which was vacuum packed and quite small. However, once I opened it it started to expand and due to the very light weight of the material I ended up up with quite a quantity and I ended up using less than half of the pack. Even better... I ordered in in the morning and it arrived around dinner time.


And here they are with some of my forest dwellers, all ready to defend their new woodland abode.

Thanks for reading and I'll post some more as soon as I can.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment