Thursday 17 October 2024

Prussian Quick Messenger Service

My Prussians were feeling a bit second rate next to my French. The French had a bunch of pretty looking ADC's but my Prussians had to make do with a handful of individual infantry officers, on foot, pretending to be ADC's. I couldn't find any real Prussian ADC figures (I'm sure there are some out there) so I used a bunch of mounted officers that I already had on hand.

They're a bit of a mix - Three of them are Calpe (I think), two Perry metals and one that I made using leftover parts from a box of Perry plastic Allied Heavy Cavalry. They're a bit rough but they're going to get a lot of handling so there's no need to make them perfect.
These are the Calpe figures. As far as I can tell they're standard infantry battalion commanders but they'll do the job. They have the green collar and cuffs that distinguish them as ADC's and that's good enough for me. Nice figures and easy to paint.
These three are the Perry figures. The one on the left is the plastic kit-bash. I used one of the dragoon horses. I got 3 boxes of Allied cavalry to make two regiments and, as a result I had a few left over figures and horses. I might use one of them to make a cavalry general (even though all the Prussian generals basically wear the same uniform so it doesn't really matter). I have the two metal figures painted up as actual generals/brigadiers but Prussian officer sculpts are limited so I make do with what I can get.
These are for General d'Armee and I'm pretty sure six will be enough for the majority of situations. If I ever need more I'll just place a dice or something else as needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as an aside, we've had to make room for visiting relatives so my wife and I had to amalgamate my hobby room and her home office. This means I have limited access to my hobby room during the days she works from home (today being one-such). So I brought my little, el cheapo, Aldi lightbox down and set it up on my desk. It looks bright outside but that was just a momentary break in the clouds. It's a cold, wet, spring day in Melbourne today.


P. S. Listening to The Cramps whilst I work.




No comments:

Post a Comment